To volunteer as a Mentor Guide, the following is all you will need:
- A strong desire to help under-resourced children.
- A love of the outdoors.
- The ability to hike for several hours a day for multiple days.
- The ability to take the time off for trips (usually they will vary from 2-3 days to as long as week long trips). You can volunteer once or as often as you like. We will likely have 3-4 trips a year.
- A clean criminal history (traffic offenses are OK—if you have questions about this ask us specifics)
- A completed application to become a mentor.
Two options for completing our application:
- emailable form: http://musiccitymountaineers.com/mentors/mentor-application/
- downloadable pdf: http://musiccitymountaineers.com/Music%20city%20Mountaineers-Mentor%20Guide%20Application.pdf (send to us via United States Postal mail)